WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER COURSE
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel, Wrexham Road, Pulford, Chester CH4 9DG
09.30-16.30 – Course Price £195.00
PLACES 10 BOOKED 8 REMAINING 2
LAST TWO PLACES – BOOK NOW!
The Wedding Photographer Course has been inspiring the next generation of wedding creatives since 2015.
Feedback from previous Training Courses:
Edward Kingsnorth – “I’ve stopped thinking like a hobbyist and more like a professional photographer.”
Louise Gibson – “The training has really helped speed up my workflow, particularly Lightroom.”
Pierre Martin – “Great advice on improving my online presence and marketing my business.”
Emma Jones – “The model shoot has taught me how to pose the couple and really boosted my portfolio.”
Sophie Nielson – “I used to find camera settings rather complex and confusing. Not any more!”
Michael Cooper – “The course was also a brilliant opportunity to network with other photographers.”
“A brutally honest tour de force for the aspiring wedding creative!”
A Career Changing Course
Since 2015, our courses have energized the careers of hundreds of apprentice wedding photographers. Cutting straight to the chase, we aim to provide enthusiastic students with the skills and knowledge they need to start (or develop) their own successful wedding photography business. They will also gain a starter portfolio of both photojournalist and traditional bride and groom photographs to impress prospective clients and hopefully achieve their first paid booking.
Person Specification – Open to Beginners & Experienced Students
Whether you’re a beginner or more experienced student, the Wedding Photographer Course is differentiated and open to all. The course assumes a passion for the role rather than a large knowledge/skill base. The course content is delivered quickly so you will need to be articulate and a responsive learner. Most students will be looking to turn their hobby into a highly profitable business. The course would also be suitable for those looking to take their emerging business to the next level
Apart from an excellent business background, our staff hold degree level qualifications in photography and crucially, qualified teacher status. As trained educators, you can be assured of a well planned course and efficient delivery of the topics covered. In terms of driving your own business forward, our concise methodology will ensure you get off to the best possible of starts and remain one step ahead of your competitors.
David Paul B.A.(Hons) P.G.C.E – Course Leader
David graduated from Manchester Metropolitan University in 1990 and qualified as a teacher from Loughborough University shortly afterwards. He spent over ten years as a teacher before embarking on a highly successful career as a photojournalist wedding photographer. To date, he has shot over 500 weddings and now utilizes his dynamic skill set as a teacher to shape the next generation of wedding creatives.
Claire Thomas B.A.(Hons) – Bridal Preparation Tutor
Claire graduated from Nottingham Trent University in 2002 with a degree in photography and digital imaging. Over the last decade she has been one of Cheshire’s top wedding creatives & we are incredibly fortunate to have her on board as our bridal preparation tutor.
Access to Assistant Photographer Scheme
At the end of each course, students will be offered the opportunity to assist as an assistant photographer at one of our high-end weddings. Your professional development will be overseen directly on a one-to-one basis. Click here to find out more.
- Welcome to the course. An opportunity for you to get to know everyone and share your photographic journey so far.
- The journey from hobbyist to professional.
- Composition and camera settings.
- RAW V JPEG.
- Buying the right equipment.
- Photographic styles: photojournalism and traditional.
- Personal qualities of the wedding photographer.
- Wedding Day Objectives – bridal preparation and the groomsmen.
- Case study 1 – the wedding of Samantha & Terry.
- Plenary – Q&A session.
10.45 -11.00 Coffee Break
- The role of the wedding photographer.
- A look at Denis Stock’s iconic portrait of James Dean circa 1955.
- Adobe Lightroom tutorial.
- Wedding Day Objectives – The Ceremony.
- Case study 2 – the wedding of Charlotte & Daniel.
- Wedding Day Objectives – The Reception.
- Plenary – Q&A session.
12.00 -13.00 Lunch
Portfolio Building Model Shoot
- Get the shots of our stunning model bride and groom to impress your prospective clients. A variety of settings will be used including the bridal suite, Japanese lakeside, traditional English garden, local sandstone church and a range of splendid interiors within the hotel.
Every student who completes the course will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
15.00-15.15 Coffee Break
- Responding to an e-mail enquiry.
- Meeting clients and securing the booking.
- Case study 3 – the wedding of Emma & Will.
- Wedding day objectives – the speeches and first dance.
- Key features of a successful website.
- Your advertising priorities.
- Insurance for the professional.
- What is GDPR and how does it affect me?
- Plenary – Q&A session.
- The Assistant Photographer Scheme.
- Written feedback.