continue your apprenticeship
Our Assistant Programme takes you firmly out of the classroom and into the practical realities of a working wedding day. You will gain access to a high quality wedding environment which will greatly enhance your portfolio, and you will learn how to successfully manage the wedding day.
join us at a luxury wedding
Each wedding booked on the Assistant Programme includes:
- A single wedding day experience acting as our assistant photographer.
- Direct 1:1 support via WhatsApp.
Please note that the Assistant Programme is only available to students who have participated on the Wedding Photography Course. We strongly advise that most students will need to assist at a minimum of FOUR weddings.
Assistant Day - £195
“I attended one of David’s training courses where his experience as a professional educator shone through, as well as being one of the UK’s leading wedding photographers. He was able to cater for beginners whilst keeping semi-professional photographers fully engaged. No matter your experience level, David will ensure you leave the course better equipped with all the relevant tools needed to triumph in this highly competitive industry. Finally, the Assistant Programme is an industry first, boosting your photography and management skills to the upper echelons of the field.”
Andy Hathaway - student.
ASSISTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
With regard to this document the terms we, us, our and ourselves refers to David Paul Photography. The term ticket refers to a valid PayPal email receipt confirming purchase. The terms you, your, yourselves and student refers to the holder of a valid ticket. The term event refers to a wedding on a specific date you have been allocated for each assistant day booked.
- The date of each event will be allocated by ourselves upon purchase taking into account your preferences.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to a student under the influence of drugs/alcohol, showing signs of illness, acting dangerously or inappropriately.
- We strongly advise that you come dressed appropriately for an outdoor event. Bad weather may occur.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the event.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any personal accidents that happen during the event.
- You may be recorded for broadcast or publication whilst at the event by us.
- You are not permitted to bring any animals to the event.
- No refunds are possible. If the event is cancelled for any reason, we will allocate an alternative date taking into account your preferences.
- If the event is cancelled, we cannot be held responsible for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation etc
- Please check event details and timings prior to travelling as these maybe subject to change.
- Please check your route prior to travelling to ensure you arrive on time. We are not responsible for any delays due to travel disruption.
ON THE DAY ITSELF
It is imperative that these terms & conditions are strictly adhered to in order to facilitate trust and professional business protocol.
- The main purpose of being an assistant photographer is to familiarise the student with the structure of a typical wedding day and their management role within the event; it is not to replicate the work of the primary photographer.
- The student will be required to dress smartly and to be polite, courteous and professional at all times. Do not be overly familiar with any members of the wedding party.
- As our style of photography is predominantly photojournalist in nature, students must not interrupt the flow of the wedding day.
- The student will be required to stand in an allocated place (as defined by the primary photographer) during key times of the day e.g. the wedding ceremony, group shots, speeches etc. and must not distract the primary photographer in any way.
- The student is free to use photos taken at the event on their website and/or in print as long as six weeks have passed since the date of the event.
- At no time before, during or following the event is the student to make any written or verbal claim, or implied claim, that they were, are, or will be the primary photographer at the event.
- None of the photos taken at the event are to be shared on any form of social media whatsoever e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- The student must have professional indemnity and public liability insurance in place before the event and evidence must be provided if requested by the primary photographer.
- It is understood that the student retains copyright over the images that they have taken at the event. However, it is agreed that the student must supply a copy of all edited images taken at the event to the primary photographer if requested to do so, and furthermore the student agrees that these images could, at his/her discretion, be supplied free of charge to the couple getting married for inclusion in their wedding album or contained in any other product supplied or sold by the primary photographer, also free of any charge.
- Throughout the wedding day, the student must stay in the immediate vicinity of the primary photographer.
- All communication with regard to your assistant photographer day will be via WhatsApp. You will be contacted directly approximately 1-2 weeks before the event.
- The student must not offer their photos taken on the day to the venue, or any other supplier involved, in order to promote their business.
- The student must not arrive earlier on the wedding day than the time specified by the primary photographer in their correspondence. Furthermore, the student must not book to stay at the wedding venue or have any interactions with the wedding party and their guests apart from on the wedding day within the stipulated hours. The student must leave the event at the same time as the primary photographer.
- The student must only bring a small and easily accessible camera bag with them on the day - no rucksacks or large cases of any kind. Back up gear must be kept in the student's vehicle.