Max no. of students 10
£220 now £120
Mother's day sale
ends 10 mar
begin your apprenticeship
Since 2015, our training programme has energised the careers of hundreds of apprentice wedding photographers. Cutting straight to the chase, we aim to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to start your own highly profitable wedding photography business. Suitable for beginners and the more experienced student.
suitable for all
We are one of the few wedding courses which has been planned and delivered by qualified teaching professionals. We cater for all abilities whether you're a complete newbie to wedding photography or a semi-professional looking to go full time. Our staff hold degree level qualifications in photography as well as qualified teacher status.
Upon successful completion of the Wedding Photography Day Course, all students will be deemed to have passed Module One, our Bronze Award. This is viewed as a key element in your ongoing training. You will now be ready to continue your apprenticeship by joining us at a luxury wedding as our Assistant Photographer.
bridal prep tutor
Claire graduated from Nottingham Trent University in 2002 with a degree in photography and digital imaging. We are incredibly fortunate to have her on board as our bridal preparation tutor.
David graduated from Manchester University in 1990 and spent over ten years as a school teacher before embarking on a highly successful career as a photojournalist wedding photographer.
Get the shots of our stunning model bride and groom to impress your prospective clients. A variety of settings will be used including a magnificent Japanese garden.
PROGRAMME OF STUDY
09.30 WORKSHOP ONE
- Welcome to the course. An opportunity for you to get to know everyone and share your photographic journey so far.
- The journey from hobbyist to professional.
- Composition and camera settings.
- RAW V JPEG.
- Buying the right equipment.
- Photographic styles: photojournalism and traditional.
- Personal qualities of the wedding photographer.
- Wedding Day Objectives – bride and groom preparation.
- Case study 1 – the wedding of Samantha & Terry.
- Plenary – Q&A session.
10.30 COFFEE & CAKE
10.45 WORKSHOP TWO
- The role of the wedding photographer.
- A look at Denis Stock’s iconic portrait of James Dean circa 1955.
- Adobe Lightroom tutorial.
- Wedding Day Objectives – The Ceremony.
- Case study 2 – the wedding of Charlotte & Daniel.
- Wedding Day Objectives – The Reception.
- Plenary – Q&A session.
13.00 WORKSHOP THREE
- Portfolio Builder Model Shoot in The Japanese Garden.
14.30 COFFEE & BISCUITS
14.45 WORKSHOP FOUR
- Responding to an e-mail enquiry.
- Meeting clients and securing the booking.
- Case study 3 – the wedding of Emma & Will.
- Wedding day objectives – the speeches and first dance.
- Key features of a successful website.
- Your advertising priorities.
- Insurance for the professional.
- What is GDPR and how does it affect me?
- Plenary – Q&A session.
- The Assistant Photographer Scheme.
- Written feedback.
GROSVENOR PULFORD HOTEL, WREXHAM ROAD, PULFORD, CHESTER, CH4 9DG.
model shoot 19.02.23
photos by student istvan balogh
WEDDING course TERMS & CONDITIONS
With regard to this document the terms we, us, our and ourselves refers to David Paul Photography. The term ticket refers to a valid PayPal email receipt confirming purchase. The terms you, your, yourselves and student refers to the holder of a valid ticket.
- We reserve the right to alter or vary the content or timing of any part of the course.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to a student under the influence of drugs/alcohol, showing signs of illness, acting dangerously or inappropriately.
- There are no refunds for bad weather. We strongly advise that you come dressed appropriately for an outdoor model shoot.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the course.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any personal accidents that happen during the course.
- You may be recorded for broadcast or publication whilst at the course by us.
- You are not permitted to bring any animals to the course.
- Please check course details and timings prior to travelling as these maybe subject to change.
- Please check your route prior to travelling to ensure you arrive on time. We are not responsible for any delays due to travel disruption.
- You will not be allowed admission to the course without a valid ticket.
- If you cancel for any reason, e.g. illness, we may be able to offer you a place on a future course depending on availability. If your transfer request is successful, you will be expected to pay an additional fee of £50 to cover our hotel costs for the rescheduled training day. This is offered on a good will basis only and any transfer agreed can only happen once.
- No refunds are possible. In the unlikely event of your course date being cancelled by us, you will be offered a place on our next available course, usually the following month.
- If your course date is cancelled by us or if you cannot attend, we cannot be held responsible for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation etc.
- Every effort will be made to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the workshops, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- In accordance with the law, students aged under 18 are not permitted to purchase alcoholic drinks.
- All students must bring with them on the day a DSLR or mirrorless camera with a lens. We do not supply equipment.
- The content of this website, including all images, text and video, may not be reproduced without written permission.